LinkWithin

header ads

I want to be like Agbani – Miss Global Nigeria


Michelle Udoka




Background
My name is Michelle Udoka. I hail from Abia State and I am a graduate of the Lagos State Aviation and Maritime Business School. I was born on May 4, 1989. I’m the last child of my mother. I am current winner of the Miss Global Nigeria beauty pageant.
Winning the crown
I couldn’t believe it! It was a dream come true and I could not help but cry. I was in awe. The grace of God, dedication and the fact that I believe in myself gave me confidence. Moreover, the competition was handled by merited, free and fair-minded judges. Also, prayers, hardwork and humility gave me an edge over other contestants.
I have always wanted to be a queen I have a passion to help the less privileged especially children. That was what pushed me to contest. I have always wanted to be a queen. I know if I am a queen, I will be listened to and can make a positive change and touch lives, especially the less privileged. My parents and friends were not surprised when I decided to contest because it’s a dream I have always had. To the best of my knowledge, getting the baton as a beauty queen is not just because of beauty. A queen is an ambassador who stands as a tool for change in the society and this change is what I am definitely going to make with my crown by the grace of God.
Vision as Miss Global
It’s a pet project that will campaign against child molestation. I am just a-week-old as a queen. I will unfold my plans soon. I am launching my pet project in conjunction with my runners-up because we are all working together as a team.
I want to be like Agbani
No one pushed me into contesting and I didn’t go into it because someone said I was pretty. As a child, I watched Agbani Darego when she won the Miss World title and loved the way she represented her country. She was very confident.
Losing my identity
Never! Though the crown has added to my status, honestly, nothing has changed about me. I’m still the same old person. My friends remain my friends and I don’t believe in short-term friendship. Nothing has changed about me. In fact, it is now that I’ll appreciate my friends the more, they were with me all through, I believed it was their votes that also contributed to my winning the crown because I learnt the votes and camp score also counted. So, my friends believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself.
Fashion
As a model, the first thing you learn is dress sense. My body statistics is 32, 25, 38. My fashion statement totally depends on my body type, then, my moods and the events. I love bodycon dresses and I am so in love with Aldo shoes. As a queen now I am supposed to dress smart, simple, gorgeous and classy. I don’t follow trends. Whatever I feel comfortable in works for me. I go for what speaks to me. Dressing up, for me, depends on the occasion, weather or mood. Now, as a queen, I always have to look elegant and gracious.
Favourite food
My favourite dish is plantain and egg.
Leisure
In my leisure time, I draw, swim or meditate. I love to listen to gospel songs. For my holiday spot, I love the Bahamas. As Miss Global, I know I will be doing a lot of travels and I am prepared for it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments