LinkWithin

header ads

T/Tennis Classics: Congolese players no threat, says Toriola



Nigeria’s Segun Toriola and Edem Offiong, on Thursday boasted victory over Saka Suraju and Congo Brazzaville Han Xing at the mixed doubles final of the ongoing Lagos International Table Tennis Federation Classics.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the duo sounded the victory after beaten the pair of Aruna Quadri and Ganiyat Olatunde, 11-5, 11-8, 11-7, to qualify for the final.
Toriola, men’s singles number three player and his pair, Offiong, seeded three in the women’s singles, hardly dropped much sweat to decision Quadri, seeded four and unseeded Olatunde.
Earlier, the pair of Nigeria’s Suraju and Xing had defeated the pair of unseeded Nigeria’s Kazeem Makanjuola and female number five seed Ganiat Ogundele, 12-10, 10-12, 16-14, 11-9.
Toriola said after their qualification that Nigerians should always expect the best from him, saying he would not disappoint.
He said, “I know people always expected medal from me, but I am appealing that they should have confidence in the young players too.
“For me, I know I will win, it is no surprise, but I’m pleading with people to support these young players because they have a lot to offer the country.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments